|Pronunciación (AFI):||Si puedes, ¡incorpórala!|
- Grafía obsoleta de director.
- 1614, Walter Raleigh, The History of the World, página №. 228:
- Hence it is , that all things created are commanded to praiſe God their Creatour and Directour : as, Praiſe him all yee his Angels : praiſe him Sunne and Moone,all bright Starres: heauens of heauens,for he hath eſtabliſhed them for euer & euer.
- 1686, William Wake, A Defence of the Exposition of the Doctrine of the Church of England, página №. 10:
- That the Impreſſion was made with Monſieur de Meaux’s Knowledge , if not by his expreſs Order, whoever ſhall conſider the circumſtances of Monſieur Cramoiſy who printed it , either as a Perſon of his Reputation and Eſtate ; or as Directour of the King’s Imprimerie ; or finally as Monſieur de Meaux’s own Bookſeller ; will hardly believe that he would ſo far affront a Biſhop of his Church, and one eſpecially of Monſieur de Meaux’s intereſt and authority at that time at Court ; as to make a ſurreptitious Edition of a Book, which he might have had the Author’s leave to publiſh only for the asking.
- 1688, William Camden, The History of the Moſt Renowned and Victorious Princess Elizabeth, página №. 438:
- In his Place was ſubſtituted Sir John Forteſcue, an upright man, excellently well learned in Greek and Latine, who was a long time Directour to the Queen in her Study of the Liberal Arts and Maſter of her Wardrobe, and one that gave me Light in ſeveral things as I was writing this Hiſtory.